Illinois Homecare & Hospice Council Conference | The Future is Home
Join McBee’s sessions at IHHC 2022.
Attributes of a Strong Health Literate Organization
When: Wednesday, April 6, 1:00p
Presented by: Lisa Selman-Holman and Sherri Parson
What if your agency changed its mindset and approach to make the complex simple? Or at least simple understanding. Not only can we affect a positive outcome for our patients, but our agencies as well. Could this simple truth take your agency to the next level in VBP? Join us as we explore ways to approach Health Literacy and other SDoH to have the innovation and change we need to be a cut above the rest!
- Discuss reports to Congress on Health Literacy, SDoH, and VBP
- Evaluate key areas your agency needs to improve related to Health Literacy
- Identify resources and tools to promote a strong, healthy, literate agency at all levels
Using M1033 Risk for Hospitalization to Drive your Plan of Care and Improve Outcomes
When: Wednesday, April 6, 2:30p
Presented by: Sherri Parson
Home Care agencies are always looking for ways to more effectively case manage their patients. The purpose of home care and case management is to provide patients with the resources they need to heal and stay out of the hospital. CMS created OASIS item M1033 to help clinicians and case managers identify the biggest risk for rehospitalization for individual patients. Reviewing the patient’s individual risk factors can help case managers decide not only what disciplines should be involved but also what interventions should be included to help optimize the patient’s recovery as well as keeping them out of the hospital. M1033 identifies risks that are often overlooked by clinicians like nutrition, mental health, as well as medical compliance that can often interfere with patient recovery. Agencies can learn how to utilize OASIS M1033 to help guide a pathway to a more holistic approach to case management.
- Identify each of the risks in OASIS item M1033
- Discuss how each risk item can impact patient recovery and avoidance of rehospitalization
- Discover which disciplines can be utilized to minimize each risk
- Identify interventions agencies can use to manage patient care using a more holistic approach by addressing each risk in M1033