Senior Clinical Consulting Manager Carissa McKenna provides an overview of the core elements of the PDGM rule and the key clinical and operational concepts that make up an effective episode management program under the new model.
By the conclusion of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the necessary integration of the core PDGM Group Structure components
- Embrace the core PDGM success factor: A best practice Episode Management Program
- Learn the core essential elements of a best practice Episode Management Program
- Identify key episode management strategies within key segments of a patient’s episode
- Learn the heightened importance of efficient patient visit/clinical discipline utilization
- Recognize the need for collaboration of care and agency leadership development
Carissa McKenna, RN, BSN, COS-C, HCS-D
Senior Clinical Consulting Manager, McBee
Carissa McKenna, RN, BSN, COS-C, HCS-D, is a Senior Clinical Consulting Manager at McBee with more than 21 years of experience in the health care industry. In her role at McBee, she has been involved in many aspects of client fulfillment, including OASIS and coding, episode management and on-site education. While specializing in performance improvement, Carissa is also experienced in managed care, health maintenance organizations, quality assurance, clinical documentation, integrated chronic care management, and education. She is experienced in both the home health and hospice survey processes, accreditation compliance, and Medicare regulations. While working with providers, Carissa has developed and implemented several clinical workflows, as well as documentation and quality assurance tools. Carissa currently manages several clients in episode management engagements, helping them to improve adherence to the established plan of care to ensure positive outcomes clinically, financially and operationally.
Never miss an update. Subscribe to our blog and get the top industry insights delivered right to your inbox.