Understanding what your revenue cycle metrics are telling you about your operations is crucial to running a streamlined home health agency. This webinar will detail the core Key Performance Indicators for home health care and help you better understand what these metrics are telling you about your operations currently and under PDGM. It will also discuss strategies and solutions for real-life challenges home care agencies experience while operating in this space. Attendees will develop a greater understanding of the interconnectedness the revenue cycle shares with your entire organization as a whole and how key performance indicators for home health care can be leveraged for success.
- Describe the core Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for home health care used in measuring revenue cycle success
- Recognize what the core key performance indicators for home health tell you about an organization’s overall operations
- Discuss how to react to these home health KPIs and achieve revenue cycle success in a PDGM environment
- Identify the root causes of the most common challenges in a home health revenue cycle
- Understand the importance of the revenue cycle team collaborating with other key stakeholders to optimize performance
Edith Ragland has significant experience with health care financial management engagements with over 25 years working with home health and hospice agencies, hospitals, SNFs, and physician practices. Edith has been the leader of multi-facet engagements including home health and hospice operational and financial assessments, home health and hospice agency turn-around services, process improvement, interim management, and billing outsourcing services. With her assistance, clients have achieved marginal goals, stabilized and improved processes.
Stavros Katsifis brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in healthcare financial management to home health and hospice agencies. Stavros has served in various interim management positions including Billing Manager and Revenue Cycle Director. He has worked with the multiple agencies’ leadership to install enhanced reporting and operational dashboards into their revenue cycle. His strengths in software such as Tableau, Power BI, and Excel and revenue cycle experience have allowed him to help providers “connect the dots” to achieve a deeper understanding of their current operations.