Exclusions in Coding: It’s not you, it’s me
ICD-10 coding conventions can be both helpful and tricky. The Excludes notes, although meant to be simple tenets of coding, are so complex that they stump many coders.
Join our McBee Experts in this comprehensive discussion about Excludes 1 and Excludes 2 notes. Grab your coding book and take a deep dive with us into the intricacies of Excludes notes!
- Explore the specific nuances and complexities associated with Excludes 1 and Excludes 2 notes in the coding guidelines.
- Identify common challenges and pitfalls coders encounter when dealing with Excludes 1 and Excludes 2 notes.
- Discuss real-world examples to illustrate the practical implications of Excludes notes in coding conventions.
- Lisa Selman-HolmanVice President, Education & Quality, McBee
- Michelle HornerManager, Post-Acute Education, McBee